Sunday, March 9, 2008

Letter From Guerrilla Season Author Pat Hughes

Dear Bloggers –

I’d like to start week two with a belated hello and thank you to all participating in this, the second “Guerrilla Season” blog – students, teachers, parents, administrators, and community members. South Valley Junior High, hello again! Westfair Christian Academy in Illinois, and whoever else is out there that I don’t yet know about – I see several other states on the live feed – welcome! I’ve been very impressed by the comments and questions so far, and hope we can get some good discussions going.

Spring break – at least for me and for Liberty – is happening during the blog this year, so we’ll be taking a hiatus, but I wanted to let you know that I’ll be offline a few days longer than most. My family and I are traveling to the gulf coast to do Hurricane Katrina recovery work in Pearlington, Mississippi. We’ll be leaving on Thursday, returning on March 24. I have no idea what to expect in Pearlington, so I look forward to posting about that when I return. If I get near a computer while I'm down there, I'll blog from there.

Last but not least, I want to express my gratitude to Mr. Langhorst for being such an enthusiastic proponent of “Guerrilla Season,” since its publication in 2003 … and for being such an awesome educator. I was absolutely delighted when he was named Missouri’s Teacher of the Year for 2007-08 and would like to congratulate him for earning that well-deserved title!

OK … let’s blog.

-Pat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome I so love this book!:0
WCAjazz♥

Anonymous said...

Thanks for welcoming us! Its so cool being able to be a part of this! Thanks for letting join you all!

WCADelana